.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Losing weight.

Losing weight has always been an issue for me. When I was 19 I found out that I have a thyroid problem. 1.5 years after my son was born and it was likely from my pregnancy. I was going on walks daily at a local (and amazing) park everyday with my friend and Shy Shy in the stroller. Yet my baby weight was still hanging around. My doctor put me on thyroid medicine. I used it off and on being so naive about it all. It wasn't until I recently went to my doctor that I started consistently taking my medicine. That didn't solve my weight problem though. In July my thyroid was finally where it should be. Anyways flash forward to now. I step onto the Wii Fit. I forgot how much fun it is to hula hoop without hula hoops. The ease of use was much simpler than other options available at 9pm at night.

Wii Fit measures your weight and bmi (body mass index). If that's all you want to do, the Wii Fit game will not make you do anything else. I continued on with the venture. and played hula hoop, tightrope, penguin slider game, and other mini games. I enjoyed playing the games. I haven't played in a long time though I have own the Wii Fit for almost 3.5 years. It was my mother's day gift. I got it the week it came out.

Remembering that you have these treasures is great because you feel like it is something new even though it has been there forever. Not only did I hop on the Wii Fit but so did my (almost) hubby. We are getting married soon and to me it important to not stress out over my weight. I have said from the beginning that my weight isn't going to be a controlling factor in my wedding. I am going through a lot of medical changes right now. I have stopped drinking soda completely and I almost always drink water. I have been walking and exercising more but it's not for my wedding and more for my health. I have lived an unhealthy lifestyle and this year has been about big changes for me. I have been trying to kick the unhealthy habits.

Although the Wii Fit has said I lost weight which is probably very true. I am on a few new medicines and I would have to say those contribute partly to my weight loss. As long as this combination of water/exercise/health is working, that works for me. My results would be different if I wasn't on these medicines. The thoughts on this post are my own. Results may be different. I am glad I played this again because I don't get much time on the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment